By the time you will read this blog, Beatrice and I will be covered in books (due to the approaching exam) but our minds will already dream of the upcoming RUNtrip, which is about to happen.
Setting off for a long run isn’t a joke, because depending on where you are, who is coming with and how long the run is, you have to decided what to take. And you cannot pack a luggage, I mean. Still there are two options, which for me are with or without Bea.
Without Bea, running isn’t as amazing. Still, we have work to get done. Here’s what I take:
- Bum Bag
- Water (1 bottle and then I stop at the fountains)
- One or two energy bars
- (If raining) a raincoat
This is my favorite option because, for how much I love running, I find it annoying when alone. But I also hate running with someone at a different pace, so having Bea cycling by my side make the best conditions for me. Plus, I don’t have to carry basically anything with me, because we have a basket on the bike.
- Bum bag
My favorite supporter carries a backpack which includes:
- Water (normally 1.5-2 liters)
- Gels & snacks (actual food!)
- A change of clothing
- Cleaning wipes
- Wi-Fi (because she documents my run so if one day we become famous for our #RUNtrip movement we can see where we started)
- Extra battery for my phone (don’t judge, I need music)
What do you take on your long runs? Are you ready to set off with us?
Have A Safe Journey!