So, even though 2016 isn’t over yet, I think I should do a quick update on my goals for the year. During the last days of the holidays, this time last year, I was writing down my 30 goals for 2016.
Here’s what I wrote:
- To worry less, to have more fun: done!
- To spend less money on things I don’t need, to spend more money on travels and books: done! Even though I have been shopping more than once, I never paid for my clothes but only for my books and tickets. Plus, my Saint Lucy gift was a trip.
- To be more cheerful, to never back down and to never give up: done! For how tough the year has been and for how many goals I didn’t and couldn’t reach, I kept going, no matter what.
- To run for fun, to run because I can. Done! Not so many runs and a lot of weeks without it, but finally I found my resolution, with no need to wait for a brand new year.
- To talk less, to do more. Kinda done… I made a lot of progress, for instance I decided to tell everyone only a few goals, not all of them, since I guess those have to be told only when reached.
- To write more often on my blog and to reach 500 posts on haveasafejourney.com by the end of the year. Not reached… 148 posts, but still I cannot complain… For how crazy the year has been, I really had no time to write some days and I did write even when full of stuff to do. Shall we say 200 posts in 2017? Who knows…
- To have more parties on Saturday and less evenings me and my computer on the sofa. Done! I figured out the problem wasn’t me but the place I was living… I really found my happy place in Trento.
- To work out as often as I can. Done! 32 days streak and well, a pretty damn good year.
- To go skiing as much as I can. If only there was a bit of snow.
- To learn a new language, at least a few words. I learned a bit of French and a little of Portuguese… Done!
- To spend more time with people I love, and less time with people that I don’t. Figured out there are a few people I cannot trust and, since they don’t make me feel good when with them, I don’t see why I should still be the one calling. So I stopped. Made a lot of new friends at uni and I believe these are the best years ever. I’m having so much fun.
- To follow the advice of a very wise woman I had the pleasure to meet and make her proud. Done.
- To be myself, as I am, with no meaning to copy anyone or to change myself for someone. Haha. Now people are copying me, what a joy!
- To be kinder, more willing to help and less selfish. Done! Mostly with new friends and with the ones I really cared about.
- To set goals and to reach them. Reached a few. Not all, otherwise it would have been too easy.
- To trust people. Done.
- To trust myself and my capacity. Done.
- To wander more, to have a less planned life. Done.
- But to waste less time and enjoy life more than my Instagram feed. Done.
- To get an agenda where I can put on everything so that I don’t forget what I have to do. Done.
- To go to live alone (hopefully abroad). Done, even though not abroad.
- To get an actual job where I can use languages. Done, for the summer.
- To get at least one sponsored post per month on the blog. Not so done.
- To feel safe both with people and on my own. Done.
- To be interested at school and study for my own pleasure, not for a mark. Done.
- To manage time more wisely and to invest time in things I believe in. Done.
- To visit Laura in Zurich, my friends in London and to go with the flow about relationships with people. Not so done.
- To go to Vancouver, Lisbon and Oslo. (and maybe also Tallin). Not so done.
- Not to disappear and not to close in myself when I have a problem. Done.
- To fight for my beliefs Done.
So I guess I made a good progress since the start of 2016 and for how shitty I considered the year on some days, it was a good year. Now it’s time to figure out what is best to do for me next year, I have a lot in mind so I guess I should definitely start planning… shouldn’t I? Plus next year I’m turning 20 and Beatrice and I were talking about a bucket list with all the crazy things we should do… So, here we are, ready for a new year, ready for new goals… Oh, if only you knew what I have in mind…
How about you? Did you reach all your goals? Are you already planning something?
Have A Safe Journey!